How is it 2018 already?! It seems like I sat down to write my first post of 2017 last week! I am so excited for this year! We are a little over a month from our wedding and honeymoon. I will move into our house and we will celebrate one year there in July. We are having so much fun, planning out vacations and things that we want to do this year since we are both out of school (PRAISE!) and we will be married.
Word of the Year
Last year, I chose the word: consistency. I feel that I only did okay with that word. It stayed in the back of my mind, but I don’t feel that I executed it well. This year, I want to try to be better about living out my word. My word for 2018 is grace. For Christmas, my in-laws gave me both of Emily Ley’s books. I haven’t read A Simplified Life yet, but I have started reading Grace, not Perfection already. In the few chapters that I have read, this book has really spoken to me. I have always been a perfectionist, so I tend to strive and stress over perfection. This year, I want to give myself more grace in my personal and professional life. I plan to review Emily’s books, so I won’t go into major detail about it now!
- Continue working out consistently 3-4 times per week, doing Kayla Itsine’s BBG program.
- Drink half of my body weight (60 oz.) in water every day!
- Be consistent in spending time with each other and our families. Be present during that time and away from my phone/computer.
- Read 10 different books.
- Enjoy the ride as Mr. Man and I experience our first year of marriage!
- Create a routine of getting in bed at 10pm and reading before going to bed.
- The Calico Cat
- Post on the blog at least once per week, but shoot to post twice per week.
- Engage on Instagram more by following new accounts and leaving comments.
- Get 300 blog subscribers by the end of the year.
- Hit 2,000 Instagram followers by the end of the year.
- Post on YouTube at least once per week, but shoot to post twice per week.
Something new that I am wanting to start this year is a Book Club community here on the blog. Each month, we will read a new book and at the end of the month, I will share a review where we can discuss our thoughts in the comments. Thursday’s post will go into more detail, but for now, I wanted to share January and February’s books with you. In January, we are reading and discussing Grace, not Perfection by Emily Ley. In February, we are reading Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. I hope that you will join in with me this year!
What are you looking forward to most about 2018?!