While my last post was a post of reflection, this is a post of looking forward. There is a brand new year stretched before me, so I have been thinking about how I want this year to look. I am a planner. I like to have a plan for everything I do, so it’s a no-brainer that I am already planning out these next 365 days. In the year 2017, Mr. Man will graduate from college and begin his first big boy job. He will hopefully move into the house that will also become our home in 2018. This year, we will plan our wedding. We are so excited to start this new adventure together. After almost 6 years, it has been a long time coming and in this new year, we will get to finally plan our dream wedding. While we are planning our own wedding, we will also be attending the weddings of 3 of our best friends this year – one in January, June and October. But enough about Mr. Man and weddings, there are many huge things happening for me this year too. In March, I enter a new decade of my life as I celebrate my 20th birthday. In December, I also will graduate from college and hopefully begin a big-girl job of my own. With so many things to look forward to, I can’t wait for 2017 to truly get started!
Word of the Year
On Instagram, several of the bloggers I follow have been picking out their word of the year. I decided that I wanted to choose a word that would embody the things that I want to accomplish both personally and here on The Calico Cat. So, I have chosen the word, consistency. In 2017, I want to be more consistent in my posts here on the blog, but I also want to be consistent in engaging with you all across my other social accounts as well. On the flipside of that, I want to consistently unplug from said social media and spend time with my family and Mr. Man over this next year. Consistency is key! And consistency is something that I think is very prevalent in my list of goals and resolutions for this upcoming year.
2017 Resolutions and Goals
- Workout consistently 2-3 times per week and get toned for the wedding.
- Drink more water and eat less junk!
- Go on a date, or spend time just the two of us, at least once a week.
- Strive to make the President’s list (maintain a 4.0 GPA) at least once over the next two semesters.
- Be consistent in spending time with our families. Be present during that time and away from my phone/computer.
- Read 10 different books.
- Spend less time stressing about the small things.
- Don’t live life in fear. Do the things that terrify me!
- Enjoy the ride as Mr. Man and I plan our wedding.
- The Calico Cat
- Post at least once per week, but shoot to post twice per week.
- Engage on Instagram more by following new accounts and leaving comments.
- Try to post something new to Instagram every day, at least every other day.
- Get 300 blog subscribers by the end of the year.
- Hit 2,000 Instagram followers by the end of the year.
- Host more giveaways, maybe one every season!
I hope you tag along to see what adventures await me in this new year! I can’t wait to share it all with you!